In 2019-2020 the ACRT will focus on:
- Offshore Processing and SRSS cuts
- Community Sponsorship Program
- Offshore processing
- Public and political advocacy
- Ecumenical justice networking
Types of involvement in the Taskforce:
- Australian Churches Refugee Taskforce Network: the Network is open to any individual – lay or clergy – working in a faith-based agency or parish from within NCCA member churches and agencies. It is also open to organisational members.
- Australian Churches Refugee Taskforce Advisory Board : network members were asked to identify and nominate Advisory Board members according to an agreed skill set that was developed collectively. That list is available here. ACRTBoardMembersAugust2016
- The Amos Group members are essentially patrons of the Taskforce. They were identified by members and invited by the Taskforce Chair. The list of current Amos Group members is available below.
Amos Group – November 2015 (Patrons of the Taskforce)
|Anglican||Archbishop Roger Herft||Archbishop of Perth and Metropolitan of the Province of Western Australia|
|Anglican||Rev’d Eira Clapton||Chair, CARAD, Uniting Church WA|
|Anglican||Bishop John Harrower||Anglican Bishop of Tasmania|
|Catholic||Sister Brigid Arthur||Brigidine Asylum Seekers Project|
|Uniting Church||Rev’d Dr Dean Drayton||Past President, Uniting Church Australia|